Friday, November 13, 2009

Jodhpur

An early morning , office time and yet : I am writing blog.
May seem like office is not endearing anymore or may be , the writer is disconcerted...
but I will tell you the reason : Its Jodhpur.

In the morning hours, its my habit to go through "guardian.co.uk" and there was this page about "Rajasthan Folk Festival" in Jodhpur which ofcourse brought nostalgia and ya, an urge to write about the most wonderful city , I have got to be in, some times..

Foreigners ,whenever writing about India, or for that matter, some Rajasthani city : have an (or multiple) element (s) of divine/religious inclinations while describing those fanciful rajasthani dresses, or the lady dancing in that traditional attire on the tunes of folklore.
but whatever be their main line of writing : one can always feel that in the fastened daily lives or in the hastening professional lives, every one does indeed aspires for those serene locales, for that sun setting into deep horizon with a promise of another wonderful day , the next day.
and yes, those people do capture it with their heart.

We have been told that the true value of what you always have had is realized when you get to know it by mingling with other possibilites.
and Jodhpur's : I never had any doubt.

Be it driving on my scooter through the lanes with slow speed or be it sitting in the temple near my home in nights (or any time)....one can always feel that one belongs indeed here.
and add to that , availability of any thing which one may need : and boy!!! I love this city.

and it always helps (or makes one feel proud) that we do belong to that rich tradition or that we have studied in that great school of yore, that I see myself in that gray paint and white shirt as lively as ever :still : is an ebullient feeling . And knowing that no other place could ever match the Samosas, sweets prepared here : I already feel turns in my belly.

That light-exercising-guy in the video (I will give you the link later) , or that crow on the top of that historical fort or those blue-home-tops, scatterd yet united beneath the azure sky : its just great. And these thing can always let anyone know what the real Jodhpur is all about .

Well Enjoy yourself :
"http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2009/nov/12/india-music-festival-rajasthan-folk"

No comments: